Tuesday, June 30, 2009

UNO CON KAOS


Volahn! Fuck! Volahn is a one man band playing black metal of a mystical and uncanny hue. After digging the digital version of "Dimensiones del Trance Kosmico" for some time, I finally got a hold of it in physical form at their NYC tour date, which I did not attend in spite of Thurston Moore's attempts to get me in (after he serenaded my buddies and I with Discharge!). Stoked to have this LP, it is definitely one of the better black metal albums to come out recently. I got to see the Bone Awl/Volahn/Ashdautas tour down in Philly at Disgraceland, and, while all the bands were awesome, Volahn was absolutely fucking incredible. The place just exploded when they played and it was altogether really powerful shit. This album was apparently four years in the making, and it shows--it is superbly crafted, well written black metal full of strange, dissonant melodies and lyrics in spanish invoking ritual kaos to alchemize flesh into stars. This is out now on Klaxon Records, grab it before it's gone!

http://www.mediafire.com/?ynyomwylgqm

No comments:

Post a Comment